This is an EASY, yummy southern pie. Rather sweet, so fresh berries are a nice addition.
1 Andrea's Gluten Free 9" Pie Crust
1/2 cup Butter, melted
1 1/2 cups Sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 Tablespoons Andrea's Gluten Free Superfine Flour Blend
1/8 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Buttermilk
- Preheat Oven to 400 degrees.
- Beat Butter and Sugar until light, scraping bottom of bowl frequently.
- Add Eggs and beat well.
- Add vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- Combine Flour and Salt together and add dry ingredient mix alternating with Buttermilk. Beat until smooth, scraping bottom of bowl thoroughly.
- Pour into Andrea's Gluten Free 9" Pie Crust and bake at 400 for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake for about 50 minutes or until no longer "jiggly" in the center and sharp knife inserted in center comes out clean. Pie will be nicely browned.
Check Pie at 30 - 35 minutes to make sure it is not getting too dark. You may need to cover with foil if getting too dark. Non-stick foil is preferred so it does not stick and remove top of pie.