Rhubarb Crumb Pie
1 - 9" unbaked Andrea's Gluten Free pie crust
1 1⁄4 cups sugar
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons flour
2 eggs, beaten
4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb (about 1.25 lbs)
- Preheat the oven at 350 degrees F.
- Prepare rubarb: trim ends, slice lenthwise, chop in 3/4" pieces
- Thoroughly combine dry ingredients for the filling. This prevents flour lumps.
- Wisk in the beaten eggs
- Add the chopped rhubarb and mix all together.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Prepare crumb topping and spread evently over pie.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
- Allow to cool before serving. Top with Whip Cream if desired.
CRUMB TOPPING INGREDIENTS
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
Thoroughly mix all dry ingredients
Use pastry cutter to cut butter into dry mix until large, moist clumps form.