French Silk Chocolate Pie
1 - Andrea's Gluten Free Ready-to-Bake Pie Shell
3 oz. unsweetened chocolate (melted, cooled)
3/4 cup butter, softened (do not use margarine)
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
3/4 cup refrigerated pastuerized egg product
1 cup heavy whipping cream
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Bake pie shell for 10 - 12 minutes in 350 degree oven - until lightly browned.
- Cut chocolate into 6 chunks and melt in microwave per package instructions (slowly, stirring frequently). Allow chocolate to cool.
- Whip butter with mixer until very light and fluffy.
- Gradually add sugar. Whip until fluffy.
- Add cooled chocolate and vanilla. Mix until fully incorporated.
- Add egg product 1/4 cup at a time, beating on hight for 2 minutes after each additional.
- Beat mixture until smooth and fluffy.
- Pour into cooled baked pie shell. Place in refrigerator until whip cream is ready.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate curls. For chocolate curls: use a peeler with short strokes on the side of a room temp chocolate bar.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Await the oohs and ahs.....