Peach Blueberry Custard Pie
Not a blueberry fan? Use all peaches for a Peaches & Cream winning pie. Add a little crunchy sweetness by topping with a nut or oat streusel topping if desired. Shown here without streusel topping.
1- Andrea's Gluten Free Ready-to-Bake Pie Shell
2 cups peeled and sliced fresh peaches
1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
2 large eggs
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
1/3 cup sugar
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Reserve half of sliced peaches for top layer.
- Mix remaining half of peaches with blueberries and pour into unbaked pie shell.
- Arrange remaining peaches on top.
- Beat eggs thoroughly and add cream, sugar and vanilla.
- Pour custard mixture over fruit.
- Top with Streusel if desired.
- Bake on cookie sheet or foil for 50 - 60 minutes or until blueberries are bubbly and top is slightly browned.
- Allow to cool. Keep in refrigerator overnight or until thoroughly chilled. Do not cut until chilled.
Serve chilled with whip cream if desired. ENJOY!
Streusel Crumb Topping (if desired)
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/3 cup Andrea's Gluten Free Super Fine Grind Flour Blend
2 1/2 Tablespoons butter
2/3 cup nuts or oats (pecans, walnuts or almonds)
- Mix or cut brown sugar, GF flour and butter until coarse and crumbly.
- Add oats or nuts and mix together with your hands until butter is thoroughly incorporated and mixture is slighly clumpy.