Fast Facts from the National Foundation of Celiac Awareness
- An estimated 83% of Americans who have celiac disease are undiagnosed or misdiagnosed
- 6-10 years is the average time a person waits to be correctly diagnosed.
- 5-22% of celiac patients have an immediate family member (1st degree relative) who also has celiac.
- Celiac disease can lead to a number of other disorders including infertility, reduced bone density, neurological disorders, some cancers, and other autoimmune diseases.
- Some people may suffer from celiac disease symptoms, but have negative test results for the condition. In that case, they may be diagnosed with non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
As a gluten, peanut and tree nut free food manufacturer, it is our mission to provide fantastic foods that are safe for people that cannot consume gluten, peanuts and tree nuts. It is also our mission to educate the public about celiac disease and gluten intolerance.
See our Resources Tab for a list of organizations, support groups, media and material about Celiac Disease, Gluten Intolerance and related disorders. Visit the “Journey’s to Diagnosis” tab for personal stories of individuals that found a solution in a gluten free diet.
There is no reason for people to suffer because of the food that they are eating OR to feel like they must sacrifice when they must eliminate gluten, peanuts or tree nuts. If Andrea’s products are not available in your local grocer, please ask for us. We want to make the hassle of eating and cooking gluten free a thing of the past.